The ideas and technology behind ubiquitous computing and the IoT are changing our world, little by little. Moving forward, we need to make sure we’re providing things to people that have meaningful value. It’s quite simple, though…
Be meaningful by satisfying people’s needs.
We can furthermore use behavioral science to guide people towards better choices and storytelling to engage them emotionally.
Sketchnotes & Slides
Click here to see the slides on SlideShare. What’s your take on this topic? Do you have any example of meaningless or meaningful innovation in the Internet of Things?
- Elevated resting heart rate, physical fitness and all-cause mortality: a 16-year follow-up in the Copenhagen Male Study. – Jensen MT, Suadicani P, Hein HO, Gyntelberg F.
- The Design of Smart Product-Service Systems (PSSs): An Exploration of Design Characteristics – Ana Valencia , Ruth Mugge, Jan P. L. Schoormans, and Hendrik N. J. Schifferstein
- The Lean Startup Methodology – Eric Ries
- Hooks: An Intro on How to Manufacture Desire – Nir Eyal
- Philips Health Programs – Philips
- User Experience Sketching for Lean and Agile Teams – Donna Lichaw
- Philips Smart Shaver Series 7000 – Philips
- What Is A Character Map? – ETB Screenwriting
- Hooked for Good: How Habit-Forming Products Improve Lives – Nir Eyal
- Amber Case: Calm technology and the future of the interface (Webdagene 2014) – Netlife Research
- Enchanted Objects – David Rose
- Aral Balkan: Great design should empower, amuse and delight – TEDxTalentSearch
- Ethical Design Manifesto – Aral Balkan & Ind.ie
- Hackers ‘remotely carjack’ Jeep from 10 miles away and drive it into a ditch – The Independent
- Calmtech.com – Amber Case
- Contextmapping: experiences from practice – Froukje Sleeswijk Visser, Pieter Jan Stappers, Remko van der Lugt
- Gartner’s 2015 Hype Cycle for Emerging Technologies Identifies the Computing Innovations That Organizations Should Monitor – Gartner
- We’re More Honest With Our Phones Than With Our Doctors – Jenna Wortham, The New York Times
- A fresh perspective on the future of health – Philips
- Internetofshit on Twitter
- The Computer for the 21st Century – Mark Weiser