👨🏻💻 Actor, UX Coach, & Nomad
👩🏻💻 Married to Hester Bruikman-Pagán
🚀 Founder of The Greatness Studio
🏡 Home: Eindhoven, Netherlands
I use techniques from acting, mindfulness, & user experience design to make things people love. I’m an actor on stage & film, and I founded The Greatness Studio to help people & teams unlock their UX superpowers.
My approach is built on three pillars: Empathy, Emotion, & Ethics.
Having been in UX for over 15 years, I’ve designed websites for SME’s, digital strategy for ad agencies, and web & mobile apps for Philips. I hold a Professional Doctorate in User-System Interaction as well as a Master’s in Industrial Psychology.
Also, I give talks & workshops, love hiking in the mountains, and know 6 ways to brew coffee ☕.
📖 Check out my Design Portfolio
🎭 Look at my Acting CV
📧 Or get in touch
- Making Stuff People Love (Udemy, 2017)
Articles and Papers
- Making Stuff People Love (uxdesign.cc, 2017)
- Four Things Great Designers Care About (UX Magazine, 2016)
- Four Myths About UX and How to Bust Them (Mashable and UX Magazine, 2013)
- New Design Practices for Touch-free Interactions (UX Magazine, 2012)
- Gyroplane Accidents 1985–2005 (ASEM, 2008)
- Ultralight Aviation Accident Factors and Latent Failures (ASEM, 2006)
- Positive Contributions of Constructivism to Educational Design (EJOP, 2006)
Talks and Workshops
- Habit-friendly design for lasting engagement (Amsterdam UX 2016)
- Towards an Internet of Meaningful Things (Tag-IT 2016)
- Empathy in Design (keynote for UX Camp NL 2014, UX Cocktail Hour June 2015)
- Guerrilla-Style UCD for Mobile (Dutch Mobile Conference 2012)
- Workshop on Guerrilla-Style UCD for Mobile (Polish IA Summit 2012)
- Tablets and Kids (EuroIA 2011, IA Summit 2012, and TWAB 2012)
- Future Workspaces: Supporting Mobile Workers (mLife 2009)
- Accident Factors in Sport Aviation (EAAP conference 2006)