Pretty much a drama club geek turned psychologist, I paid for college with web & graphic design. Now, I’m actor, give talks & workshops, and live as a digital nomad.
As a design humanist, I believe that empathy & critical thinking are our best tools for affecting change.
I founded The Greatness Studio and consult as a senior User Experience Designer. Formerly at Philips Design, I hold a Professional Doctorate in User-System Interaction as well as a Master’s in Industrial Psychology. My main interests are Empathy in Design, Persuasive Design, mHealth, and the Internet of Things.
Where can you find me?
Articles and Papers
- Four Things Great Designers Care About (UX Magazine, 2016)
- Four Myths About UX and How to Bust Them (Mashable and UX Magazine, 2013)
- New Design Practices for Touch-free Interactions (UX Magazine, 2012)
- Gyroplane Accidents 1985–2005 (ASEM, 2008)
- Ultralight Aviation Accident Factors and Latent Failures (ASEM, 2006)
- Positive Contributions of Constructivism to Educational Design (EJOP, 2006)
Talks and Workshops
- Habit-friendly design for lasting engagement (Amsterdam UX 2016)
- Towards an Internet of Meaningful Things (Tag-IT 2016)
- Empathy in Design (keynote for UX Camp NL 2014, UX Cocktail Hour June 2015)
- Guerrilla-Style UCD for Mobile (Dutch Mobile Conference 2012)
- Workshop on Guerrilla-Style UCD for Mobile (Polish IA Summit 2012)
- Tablets and Kids (EuroIA 2011, IA Summit 2012, and TWAB 2012)
- Future Workspaces: Supporting Mobile Workers (mLife 2009)
- Accident Factors in Sport Aviation (EAAP conference 2006)